Week 7 (Jason Chang)

As my immersion experience comes to an end, I am extremely grateful to have spent this summer with the rising second-year PhD students in NYC. The early mornings spent observing Neuroscience ICU rounds provided me with invaluable clinical exposure to patient care while learning directly from world-class neurocritical care fellows and attendings. Outside of the Neuroscience ICU, I shadowed surgeries, attended hospital seminars, and talked with various physicians about their research. These opportunities have drastically changed my perception of clinical research and physicians. After seeing the day-to-day activities that Dr. Mangat and other individuals undertake in addition to their research and patients, I now have a much greater appreciation for those who dedicate their lives to work in this field.

With only 7 weeks to define and conduct a project, it was difficult not being overly critical of myself whenever my code was not working properly. Despite all the roadblocks and unforeseen circumstances thrown my way, I made a significant amount of progress developing a proof-of-concept protocol with potential real-world applications. Now that my NYC experience is over, I am excited to start a new chapter going into my first year as PhD student at Cornell University.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week7

Week 5: Spine Surgeries and Excel Files

Week 6 (Jason Chang)