Week 6 (Moni)



This week was crunch time in lab, since I needed to start wrapping up my projects before leaving. For the multiphoton stage redesign, I took measurements and have acrylic sheets that I will use to cut and superglue together to give the greater range of motion to fit an animal in the imaging space. I also ran my last batch of flow cytometry today on the human surgical discards, and learnt how to use FlowJo to analyze my data. Next week I will get some statistics on this data to present for my immersion poster.

On Wednesday, our lab did sheep knee dissections for a collaboration between our lab, Dr. Hollis Potter (HSS), and Dr. Lisa Fortier (Cornell Ithaca). These sheep underwent a menisectomy and the study is investigating the efficacy of a scaffold with various cytokines to aid in meniscus regeneration. After spending the summer watching surgeons operate, it was nice to finally do some surgery myself :)


Intact sheep knee
It was also a very exciting week for me to be out and about in the city! Over the weekend, I went to a NYCFC soccer match (we won!) and the bar that inspired the TV show How I Met Your Mother. On Tuesday, I went to see the Broadway play of 1984, which was supposed to be intensely gory, to the point where actors and audience members have been carried out on stretchers, but luckily I survived. On Wednesday, I attended a taping of Stephen Colbert, where he high-fived me!!! That scene did not make the final televised cut, but you can see me in the audience on national television.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week7

Week 5: Spine Surgeries and Excel Files

Week 6 (Jason Chang)